Eyelash Extensions FAQ
1. What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are lightweight, silk/synthetic eyelashes that come in a variety of curl styles, lengths, thicknesses. They are bonded individually on a ‘lash by lash’ basis to your own natural lashes giving you longer, thicker, more luscious looking lashes. Eyelash Extensions are perfect for special occasions or for day to day wear.
2. How long will a set of Eyelash Extensions last? When to get a fill?
Eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Everyone’s experience will differ based on day to day activities but over all fills should only be required every 2 to 3 weeks.
3. How long will it take to apply eyelash extensions and how is it done?
A full set of eyelash extensions takes about 90 minutes. You will lay comfortably on a massage table with your eyes closed. There is no pain because this is a non-invasive application. The Eyelash technician will apply lint free eye gel patches to cover your lower lashes. During the process a synthetic lash is glued onto your own natural eyelash, approximately 0.5mm to 1mm from the base of your eyelash so that neither the glue nor the synthetic mink lash has contact with your lash line.
4. Do eyelash extensions damage my natural lashes?
Not all all! Eyelash extensions will not damage your natural lashes when the procedure is done properly by our certified lash technicians. The synthetic mink lashes are very light weight. We apply one synthetic mink lash to one natural lash with a medical grade adhesive (We use Lavish adhesive in our studio.) When your natural lash completes its growth cycle and falls out, the attached synthetic lash falls off with it and a new lash grows in its place.
5. How do I take off my lashes if I don’t want them?
Book an appointment for a removal. The extensions can be removed by our technicians using an oil based removing solution.
6. Can I apply mascara to my lash extensions?
You do not need to wear mascara when you have your lash extensions done. But if you still want to wear mascara, only water based mascara is recommended. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATER-PROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara or any type of oil based mascara can dissolve the bonding agent and shorten the life of your eyelash extensions causing them to fall sooner. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED eye makeup remover.
7. Can I swim, shower, exercise while wearing eyelash extensions?
Yes, but we recommend waiting 24 hours after your eyelash extensions service, to allow the adhesive to bond fully. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to swim, shower and exercise etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low.
8. What should I do before I come to my eyelash extensions appointment?
Try not to wear eye makeup, do not curl your lashes or wear mascara on the day of your appointment. Contact lens should be removed before the procedure.
9. How to take care of my eyelash extensions?
- Do not wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas and swimming pools for 48 hours.
- Do not use waterproof mascara, cleaner, makeup removers or moisturizers.
- Do not use manual eyelash curlers.
- Do not rub your eyes or pull on extensions as it will pull out your natural eyelashes.
- Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
- Use an approved eyelash life extender product such as “Longer Life Coating”. This helps protect the eyelashes from moisture, humidity and prolongs the life of the eyelash.
- Use cotton swabs to remove makeup by working gently around the eyelashes.
- Book your next eyelash refill at 2-3 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect.